Food Drive for the Brookline Food Pantry - February 27
Since COVID-19 began, the Brookline Food Pantry has been serving four times more families than previous times. Help us support the Pantry by bringing donations to United Parish this month. We will be collecting canned goods and non-perishable food at the Chapel ramp door on Saturday, February 27 from 10am-2pm.
Items in high demand are rice, cereals, lentils (all varieties), oatmeal, mac and cheese, pastas (any kind), pasta and tomato products, canned soups, canned vegetable and fruit (low sodium and no sugar added products), dry beans (all varieties), and healthy snacks for kids (granola bars, seaweed packages, fruit cups).
Here are some additional guidelines from the Brookline Food Pantry:
• We aim for healthy and nutritious items for our clients (think lower sugar cereal, whole grains, fewer preservatives, etc)
• Many of our clients have special dietary restrictions and often request low sodium, low sugar, lactose free, gluten free items.
• Many of our clients have small children at home so snacks for young kids are great! Diapers too!
• Personal care items such as feminine products, shampoo, lotion, Vaseline are always appreciated.
• We have plenty of canned tuna fish and beans.
• Clients love vegetable and chicken broth to cook with.
• Cooking oils are often asked for
- Extra virgin
• Some items that our clients think of as special treats include
- Jarred olives
- Dried fruit
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dried herbs and spices
- Artisan crackers
• Please check all expiration dates before donating. We cannot accept items past their expiration date.
You may also make a monetary donation by visiting brooklinefoodpantry.org/monetary-donations. Monetary donations to the pantry are the most impactful for us right now, they go farther than you may think. We are able to use all monetary donations towards purchasing food in large quantities from the Greater Boston Food Bank at a discounted price. Food donations are wonderful and always much appreciated, but since we feed over 700 households a week, we need to have a very high inventory of our staple items on hand at all times. Purchasing in bulk allows us to do that.
Contact email@example.com for more information.