Adult Deepening Ministry Team Needs Your Ideas!
Whether you're a newcomer or long-timer, the United Parish Adult Deepening Ministry Team hopes you will come to a dinner meeting on Monday, September 16 from 7:00-8:30pm in the Parlor to brainstorm and prioritize programming ideas for 2019-2020.
Fall Adult programming is already getting started: the weekly Sunday 10 AM Bible Study begins September 8.
Over the summer we have gathered many great ideas for one-time or multi-session programming. Here is a sampling of the possibilities suggested for programming that we will discuss, distill and augment with your ideas on September 16:
- Quarterly "Prayer Retreats" in the Saturday morning format launched last year or other timeframes
- Focused Bible studies on the Old Testament, Jesus' Parables, and gender/sexuality issues in scripture
- Perspectives on God and faith traditions in films, podcasts and fiction (such as short fiction anthologies like Listening for God, God Stories and Faith Stories)
- Science and faith themes in books like Finding God in the Waves: How I Lost My Faith and Found It Again Through Science and The Comforting Whirlwind: God, Job and the Scale of Creation.
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson, and other "stretching into justice" themed books on diversity, inclusion, segregation and greening issues
- Interactive art and activism projects like The UNITY Project
- Advent devotional writing workshops
On September 16, let's enjoy a meal together and be realistic, creative and focused about how best to help United Parish adults deepen in faith and spirituality this year! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you can attend or speak with Debra H., Adult Deepening team convener or Pastor Amy Norton if you have additional ideas and interests.