Thrifty Threads Sidewalk Sales and Donation Guidelines
While the indoor shop is still closed due to COVID-19, Thrifty Threads will be holding outdoor Sidewalk Sales in the Marion Street driveway, every Saturday, weather permitting, from 12-2pm. Stop by to do some shopping. Cash or check only (small bills preferred). Shoppers must wear a mask. Volunteers can also accept donations at that time but please read the donation guidelines below.
While we are currently accepting donations, please know we have limited indoor storage capacity as our shop is closed due to COVID restrictions.
We are currently accepting the following donations only:
- gently-used or new clothing, footwear, and accessories in good condition
- new socks and undergarments in original packaging
- small quantities of kitchenware, cookware, and decorative housewares
- paper books only , limited to bibles, dictionaries, and self-help books for the Prison Book Program
We are unable to accept:
- men's suits and blazers
- tattered, torn, and stained clothing
- used socks or underwear
- baby gear or toys/games
- electronics, screens
- disposable plasticware (forks, spoons, knives)
- plastic tupperware containers
We do not have the space or processing capacity for discarded items from a major household clean-up or move.
Office staff can assist and accept donations Tuesdays - Fridays 11am-5pm at the 15 Marion St. entrance. Please do not leave items outside. Office hours are subject to change; you can call ahead at 617-277-6860.
Thank you for being such an important part of our community. Feel free to email with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org