At United Parish in Brookline we are grateful to be able to share gifts with organizations doing good work in a variety of communities. We believe in giving back.
The funds United Parish gives away come from three sources:
- Interest from the United Parish church endowment
- Church members who direct a portion of their annual pledges to support Missions Giving
- Specific offerings several times a year in church services
In addition, the Missions Giving Committee matches, doubles or triples the amount raised by congregants involved in church-sponsored fundraising initiatives, such as The Walk for Hunger.
At United Parish, we are grateful to be a community so dedicated to giving back.
Through diligent research, congregational referrals, and awareness of major global events, our church has donated to organizations promoting diversity and inclusion, alleviating hunger, responding to global disasters, and providing for aid and advocacy for immigrants, indigenous groups, women, children, the unhoused, and a whole lot more.
Our team would like to hear even more input from the congregation. If you would like to nominate an organization or cause for consideration by the Missions Giving Team, please find one of the team’s members at coffee hour or send us an email!
In FY2023 Missions Giving allocated $55,000 across the following organizations:
- Agape Global Health for Haiti,
- Americares Foundation
- Brookline Community Foundation’s Understanding Brookline: Emerging Trends and Changing Needs Report
- Brookline Food Pantry
- Common Cathedral
- Dhansa Maweni School
- Doctors Without Borders, USA
- Greater Boston Interfaith Organization (GBIO)
- Hamilton-Garrett Center for Music and Arts
- Food Bank – Hedding United Methodist Church, Vermont
- Jewish Family Services of Metrowest
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Native American Boarding School Healing Coalition
- Project Bread / Walk for Hunger
- Rosie’s Place
- Save the Children
- Sidewalk School
- Soul Fire Farm
- UNICEF USA